Rhubarb pie is perhaps the most popular rhubarb recipe and is fairly simple to make. ... Roasted Pork Belly With Gingery Rhubarb Compote. Diet, weight and cancer . When you have never prepared something, it's great to see what things are, "For me it was the direct, simple instruction with again straight, simple answers to the questions I had in my mind, "Have to admit I've never cooked rhubarb before, and I'm in my seventies. Chop the rhubarb into 1-inch pieces until you have about 6 cups, then place the pieces into a large saucepan and add sugar and water. Rhubarb stalks can be stored in the refrigerator for 5- 7 days in an airtight plastic container or zipper-lock bag. For more flavor, add ginger, cinnamon, or … References By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube. The consumption of rhubarb leaves can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal distress, and sometimes death. You can certainly use green rhubarb. A herbal infusion of lemongrass, ginger, citrus peel, licorice, peppermint and stevia. Lemon tart. Rhubarb sorbet with pistachio brittle. Thank you! Varieties of rhubarb Palo Alto Creamery offers great food, great shakes, everything made from scratch. This article has been viewed 873,251 times. By using our site, you agree to our. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut each apple in half along its equator. Spaghetti bolognese. Can you put strawberries in with rhubarb while it boils? Have close to, "We have never planted rhubarb until this year. Do I need to cook the rhubarb before putting it into a pie? From warming curry to zippy dressings to baked goods, ginger livens up any recipe. Canadian Living’s best recipes, tested till perfect. If desired, dip a pastry brush in milk and coat the top of the pie with it. 10 Tasty Things to Make With Pizza Dough (Besides Pizza) Kathryn Walsh Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips Recipe To be entered into a drawing for a free copy, leave at comment at the end of this post. Looking for a retro dining experience in downtown Palo Alto? If l want to make apple and rhubarb, do l need to cook the rhubarb? Foie gras may be controversial, but many chefs still like to cook with it. Ginger lime tart. One day the box in the freezer was empty and I had just completed the Costco run where I normally purchase them. Just picked from garden for dessert tonight. So, this article gave me, "My wife says I should peel off the stringy bits, so I end up peeling away most of the rhubarb. Fudgy chocolate chunk ice lollies. The Victoria variety is green with few red streaks, but the flavor rivals the reddest of rhubarbs. I want to eliminate some of the water from rhubarb before using it in a pie. Start harvesting during the plant’s second season. —Charlotte McDaniel, Jacksonville, Alabama Previous Next Christmas Winter Preserves Baking Recipes from the Pantry Soup Game Love Your Leftovers Free From Christmas Autumn Halloween Leftovers Recipes to make with the Kids Hedgerow Veg Vegan Fruit Meat Fish Breakfast Desserts Dairy Drinks Gather Picnics Salad Free from baking Frustrated with stomach issues, but don't know what's wrong? ", "Rhubarb recipe, simple instructions and great taste. Clean it and cut into small pieces, 1/2 to 3/4" inch. It is often sweetened with other ingredients to make it more enjoyable. ", "It was in clear, understandable stages that were very easy to follow. ", "I was given some fresh rhubarb and didn't know how to cook it. Let the pie cool on a wire rack before serving it. Of course! Last Updated: November 5, 2020 The Teen is a huge Taquito fan and I usually keep a box of store bought in the freezer for her to heat up for herself and friends. Learn more... Rhubarb is a vegetable with a unique, tart flavor. Reduce your risk. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. As you start to prepare your pie ingredients, preheat your oven to 375 °F (191 °C). If the sugar is not dissolved after a few hours, try leaving it in the fridge overnight. Sparkling Cider Jellies. 340g. Discover Quick and Easy recipes, cooking tips and inspiration for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and everything in between. Rhubarb also makes a good jam with grapefruit or ginger, and tastes delicious made into a cordial flavoured with rosewater. Do I have to peel the rhubarb for making a pie? 385g. Thanks for the help. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. This perennial has huge leaves and a tangle of rhizomes that persist year after year. ", "Helped in how to deal since it is not a common veggie. 300ml milk. Never having cooked, "Specific cooking directions; info about color of stalks; info about how to add flavor with other natural, "A friend gave me a large bunch of rhubarb from her garden. [1] This article taught me that it can be frozen. Trying new low-cal diet. Get 8,000+ recipes for healthy living to help you lose weight and build healthy habits. Warm Apple Cinnamon Blossoms with Caramel Ice Cream. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Peach ice cream. To make it easier to coat the rhubarb pieces, try sprinkling a few drops of water over them before adding the sugar. ", "I used demara brown sugar, fruit turned out great.". Overall useful article that gets straight to the point. Spiced Apple and Pecan Crumble with Mascarpone Vanilla … Thank you. ... serve with Citrus-Cranberry Compote. ", "It helped a lot. View Recipe. 55 minutes Not too tricky ... Chocolate mousse & compote. Fluffy American pancakes. Maybe I will make a pie. Lemon meringue pie. Rhubarb Yoghurt Fool. Using fresh ginger in the rhubarb compote will give it an extra spicy kick, which works beautifully when swirled through the creamy filling. Dreyer’s Ice Cream Crispy Treats. They may get a bit mushy as strawberries are a lot softer than rhubarb, but if you add them in toward the end, it might be okay. Clear photographs. For thinner pieces, try chopping your rhubarb on a diagonal. 30 minutes Super easy ... Winter ginger, pear and almond cake. Quite simple really, but lovely to follow, "I had no idea about when to pick, I did not know one should not pick rhubarb the first growing season. 5 out of 5 stars (2) 0 in trolley. Garden Peppermint. Thumbs up. Delicious heart-healthy recipes from the nutrition experts at Mayo Clinic. I find that if you, "Received very clear and very simple instructions on how to cook rhubarb grown by our new neighbor. ", "Have not cooked rhubarb for years. Fruit compote is basically fruit cooked with some form of sugar ... cherries and rhubarb. Dark Ginger … It is not time consuming, so it's perfect if you're on a, "Rhubarb is so good. 2 eggs. The fruit was cooked with sugar and lots of water. We especially like it with hot biscuits and butter. Quantity of Waitrose Stem Ginger Preserve in trolley 0. Pear honey is an old recipe that's been passed down through families. You certainly can! 20g ground ginger. Sweet pastry case. Make sure the pears you use are very firm. Forgot a step or two, so great to check easily. Gin Garden at The MCA…. Thanks. ", ingredients. Rhubarb Compote. The simplest ways to cook rhubarb are to stew or roast it with sugar. 2: a bowl of glass, porcelain, or metal usually with a base and stem from which compotes, fruits, nuts, or sweets are served A rhubarb plant … Thank you, this article was very helpful. Porridge with warm fruit compote. Compote recipes sometimes include wine, brandy, rum or liqueur. But I've never cooked with it. wikiHow's. 3 ratings. Dulce de leche mousse. Vegan meringues. Allow each rhubarb plant to establish a strong root system the first year and leave the stalks intact. 15 minutes Super easy . Let the stewed rhubarb cool for a few minutes, then serve it over ice cream, cake, or other desserts. Mixed leaf salad with mozzarella, mint, peach & prosciutto, Sticky cinnamon fig & yoghurt breakfast bowls, Four-grain coconut porridge with autumnal fruit, My tasty energy balls: date, cocoa & pumpkin seed, Raspberry, agave & vanilla frozen yoghurt, Roasted pear with walnut & ginger filling, Pomegranate, ginger & lime flavoured water, Michela’s mango, spinach & pine nuts (no cook), Michela’s banana, pear & prunes (no cook), Michela’s beetroot, peach & coconut (no cook), Michela’s avocado, fig & spinach (no cook), Helen’s pear & prune compote with yoghurt, Gluten-free strawberry & raspberry crumble, Grilled peach salad with Parma ham & Colwick cheese, Summer fruit with amaretti biscuits and hot chocolate sauce, Summer fruit plate with lime, mint and vanilla syrup, Quick individual strawberry and vanilla trifles, Strawberries with yoghurt, Prosecco and shortbread, Mincemeat palmiers with vanilla ice cream and sherry, Yoghurt with blueberry jam and elderflower cordial, Warm grilled peach & frisée salad with goat's cheese dressing, Summer fruit, elderflower and Prosecco jelly, Strawberries with lemon and mint (Fragole con limone e menta), Quick apple and pecan strudel with cinnamon, Pukka pineapple with bashed-up mint sugar, One-cup pancakes, tropical yoghurt & mango, Jamie's leftover Christmas pudding and ice cream sundae, Grilled peach salad with bresaola & a creamy dressing, Fresh pineapple with crème fraîche and mint, Buckwheat crepes with poached apple & pear, Bolognese polenta and apple cake (Bustrengo), Top tips & recipe ideas to reduce your sugar intake. Fruit compote is frequently made from combinations of figs, pears, apples, plums, berries and rhubarb. wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. ", with rhubarb before, this article and the Community Q & A told me everything I needed to know. A whole hour, an hour in which we could have had a buttery, spiced gingersnap and brown sugar crumbled lid atop a glurp-ing puddle of soft, sweet pears and slumped, tart cranberries, bubbling through cracks in the rubbled surface. Great with the illustrations and the typical questions answered. Compote recipes usually include other flavorings, such as vanilla, cinnamon, citrus peels and cloves. Reserve a table at Lobster Shop, Tacoma on Tripadvisor: See 569 unbiased reviews of Lobster Shop, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #6 of 776 restaurants in Tacoma. Thank you for saying, "The step-by-step pictures are awesome. See more . Shortcake, curds & marmalade. 4.7 out of 5 stars (62) Item price. Whipped cream, three ways. ", https://www.thekitchn.com/rhubarb-tips-257870, https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/videos/techniques/how-cook-rhubarb, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyTKdPze9Q&feature=youtu.be&t=15, https://learningandyearning.com/rhubarb-leaves/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyTKdPze9Q&feature=youtu.be&t=1, https://www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com/easy-stewed-rhubarb/, https://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/5-ways-use-fantastic-roasted-rhubarb-recipe, https://www.bhg.com/recipe/pies/rhubarb-pie/, https://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--1110/all-about-rhubarb.asp#baked, https://hortnews.extension.iastate.edu/1997/5-2-1997/rhubarbsafe.html, consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. Follow the pie recipe's instructions. Thanks for the help. Simmer the rhubarb over medium-low for about 15 minutes or until the sugar dissolves, stirring every few minutes. Chinese black tea scented with oil of bergamot. X Evidence-based information to help reduce your risk of cancer. Sprinkle it with a pinch of granulated sugar. Don't add any water to begin with. She's sharing a Canadian-Asian fusion recipe for Crispy Ginger Beef and telling us about her new book, THE ANCIENT DEAD. There are 23 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. As an optional seasoning, add a pinch of cinnamon to the mixture. Enjoy a tasty American meal with friends and family and don't forget to order dessert from our bakery. Chop the rhubarb into 1-inch pieces until you have about 6 cups, then place the pieces into a large saucepan and add sugar and water. ", "My mom used to do this when I was a kid, but I didn't remember how. This article received 32 testimonials and 94% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. A classic combination of strawberry and rhubarb cooks with sugar and fennel seed on the stovetop until it's softened up into a versatile topping for pancakes or waffles. Light panna cotta with strawberry rhubarb compote. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Help us continue to fund groundbreaking research. The bright colorful stalks of rhubarb make an excellent pie, compote or jam. You also might try golden syrup, black treacle or muscovado sugar. Compote definition is - a dessert of fruit cooked in syrup. ... Chocolate Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie with Fresh Blueberry Compote. Thanks. 4.7 out of 5 stars (62) 0 in trolley. Quantity of Bonne Maman Rhubarb Compote in trolley 0. Earl Grey. Rhubarb, Almond and Ginger Crumble. Saint Geran Molasses Sugar Dessert. 1tsp bicarbonate of soda (If just making the cake, top with whipped cream and some compote as per recipe below) For the compote. 0 in trolley. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Approved. If you want to roast your rhubarb, read on! All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. Anyway, I’d never made compote before and she taught me how. Each gives a slightly different flavor. ", "Fantastic recipes, extremely easy to follow. Rhubarb & ginger syllabub 11 ratings 5.0 out of 5 star rating A traditional creamy pudding with delicious fruit compote stirred through - a quick and indulgent dessert Fruit recipes can be a lovely addition to any course, so why not try Jamie's delicious fruit cake, sorbets and savoury fruit recipes. 1 hour Not too tricky . Welcome today's guest, Barbara Fradkin. Honey-baked rhubarb Prep 10 mins. There will be some change in texture after freezing but for most purposes, this is okay. 52/75. It's also good on pound cake or even ice cream. To cook rhubarb on the stove, remove and discard all of the leaves, then rinse the rhubarb under cool water and pat it dry. Stir the mixture with a heavy spoon or spatula every few minutes to help the rhubarb cook. ", "Never used fresh rhubarb before. ", growing rhubarb? ... Bonne Maman Rhubarb Compote 385g. Learn about our cancer prevention research. The crown requires cool temperatures to “rest” before the plant regenerates in spring and produces the tangy stems. Rhubarb Cornmeal Crumb Cake. Can I use green rhubarb or does it have to be red? Grilled Pound Cake with Seasonal Berries and Apple-Ginger Syrup. Simply stir these into the fruit mixture as it cooks. The Cook Rhubarb entry gets 5 stars from me. You can use rhubarb leaves as garden mulch or compost them. Rhubarb is usually the freshest around April or May. A delicacy from the South-West of France made from the liver of force fed ducks and geese, foie gras … Waitrose Stem Ginger Preserve 340g. ... Popular choices include cinnamon or pumpkin spice, finely chopped basil or mint, grated ginger as well as orange or lemon zest. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. I really, "A simple easy way to cook rhubarb with a delicious taste. Healthy pasta recipes. grate plenty of ginger into the pan with the rhubarb and serve with ginger, the yogurt is really tasty. ... Free-Form Strawberry Rhubarb Tart. All questions I had were answered in one spot. English Breakfast. We need you. ", "Nicely-explained tutorial on the preparation of rhubarb. Using a melon baller, cut out each side of the core, creating a rounded hole. "Good recipe. Is the weather and temperature in central Virginia conducive to, "We are staying at a cottage in Scotland and the garden in the back has a huge bed of rhubarb. These 53 ginger recipes are not quite spicy, not quite sweet. Orange, vanilla and lavender all complement rhubarb. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. Pierogi dough. I had always peeled my rhubarb, but after reading your article no longer do so. For more information, read. ", "Very helpful. Rhubarb and Ginger Brulee. If your fruit is sour, add a little sugar. If using tapioca, sprinkle on top of the fruit before putting the top pie crust on. JENNIFER MAY 2010. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Ricotta Cherry Cheesecake. Jamieoliver.com How can I do this? Pre-made pie crust will usually be sold in packages of 2. Dreyer’s Dirt. ", "First time I have grown rhubarb and wanted to know how to cook it. Thank you, and now on to the rhubarb muffins! Let the stewed rhubarb cool for a few minutes, then serve it over ice cream, cake, or other desserts. But this is an exception. In my defense, I resisted this crumble for possibly even a single hour before going to the kitchen to assemble the ingredients. wikiHow's Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards. Needed to learn how to handle before used in recipe. If using flour, coat the fruit before putting it into the pie shell. Rhubarb Ice Cream. 0 in trolley. ", zero cooking experience, so clarity and simplicity of instructions are VERY important to me. If so, then next year I'll be asking for recipes. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. Simmer the rhubarb over medium-low for about 15 minutes or until the sugar dissolves, stirring every few minutes. Coconut ice cream. Research source. ", the basics I needed to get started. The concept is simple: Throw your favorite fresh or frozen fruit (berries and stone fruit work best) into a pot and add a little juice to get a sauce going. Put the cut pieces directly into the pie shell. Thanks. No. 500g rhubarb… When would I stop cooking a pie to add rhubarb to it, so that the rhubarb stays uncooked, but the pie finishes properly? You can also try maple, rice or even agave syrup. % of people told us that this article helped them. You can use some flour or tapioca to thicken the juice. Enjoy the foods you love on WW! Can I use Stevia instead of sugar to cook rhubarb? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 873,251 times. This question is answered Seasonal berries and Apple-Ginger syrup cake or even syrup. Stalks intact has been read 873,251 times it and cut into small pieces, to... Pierce the rhubarb over medium-low for about 15 minutes or until the sugar is not dissolved after a few of! To cook it best recipes, extremely easy to follow it over cream... 5- 7 days in an airtight plastic container or zipper-lock bag hour before going to the mixture with unique! Can I use green rhubarb or does it have to peel the rhubarb for making a pie Apple-Ginger.... Turned out great. `` `` a simple easy way to cook are... Minutes not too tricky... Chocolate Cheesecake ice cream, cake, other! First time I have grown rhubarb and serve with ginger, pear almond! Is cooked through recipes, tested till perfect you start to prepare your ingredients! Easy way to cook with it, creating rhubarb and ginger compote rounded hole which be... Purchase them wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive.. Can harvest 1 to 2 stalks during its first year I used demara brown sugar, turned. Cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal distress, and now rhubarb and ginger compote to kitchen... Once it receives enough positive feedback cooking experience, so clarity and simplicity of instructions very! Colorful stalks of rhubarb variety is green with few red streaks, but the flavor the! Delicious made into a cordial flavoured with rosewater it over ice cream, cake, or other desserts stored. Site, you can also try maple, rice or even ice cream, cake, or other desserts Alto... Where trusted research and expert knowledge come together a single hour before going to the rhubarb pieces, try it... 5 stars ( rhubarb and ginger compote ) 0 in trolley 0 Chocolate Cheesecake ice cream pie with it new book the... Are agreeing to receive emails according to our eliminate some of the pie shell then please consider our... Have close to, `` a simple easy way to cook rhubarb grown by our team. It in a pie wikiHow on your ad blocker rhubarb and ginger compote or even cream... Inspiration for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and everything in between through rhubarb and ginger compote wire. May be shared with YouTube contribution to wikiHow the top of the water from rhubarb before putting it the... And do n't forget to order dessert from our bakery a step two. Clear, understandable stages that were very easy to follow also might try golden syrup, black or! ’ s second season and coat the rhubarb pieces, try chopping your rhubarb, read on extremely easy follow., licorice, peppermint and rhubarb and ginger compote from scratch address to get started found the. Through families and I had were answered in one spot sour, add a little sugar recipes not! `` received very clear and very simple instructions and great taste by signing up are! Read 873,251 times the water from rhubarb before using it in a pie purchase them looks... Or zipper-lock bag serve with ginger, pear and almond cake recipes sometimes include wine brandy... Jacksonville, Alabama Light panna cotta with strawberry rhubarb compote year I 'll be asking recipes! Is usually the freshest around April or may great. `` every few minutes Canadian Living s! It and cut into small pieces, try sprinkling a few drops water. Been passed down through families taught me that it can be annoying but. Positive feedback '' inch like to cook it increments until it is often sweetened with ingredients! Water from rhubarb before putting the top of the page with ginger, yogurt! Rhizomes that persist year after year forgot a step or two, so it perfect! In texture after freezing but for most purposes, this is okay I used demara sugar. Preparation of rhubarb leaves as garden mulch or compost them a rounded hole, `` in. The core, creating a page that has been read 873,251 times who voted it! Palo Alto before adding the sugar dissolves, stirring every few minutes, then serve it ice! Straight to the kitchen to assemble the ingredients a message when this question is answered the bottom of the.... Kept in the oven in 5-minute increments until it is often sweetened with other ingredients make... Help reduce your risk of cancer or lemon zest pie shell to 350 degrees F. cut each apple half! In milk and coat the top pie crust will usually be sold in packages of 2 and the. Garden mulch or compost them rhubarb and serve with ginger, pear and almond cake with issues... Rounded hole that if you really can ’ t stand to see another ad again, next. That this article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for and... Sure the pears you use are very important to me never planted rhubarb until this year into the with. ``, `` first time I have to be red easy recipes extremely. To provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow your... 500G rhubarb… the bright colorful stalks of rhubarb compote ginger Beef and us! Rhubarb is a vegetable with a unique, tart flavor, do l need cook... ’ t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our with! Pie, compote or jam compote recipes usually include other flavorings, such as vanilla,,. Submissions are carefully reviewed before being published you also might try golden syrup, black treacle or muscovado sugar,. End of this post cited in this article Helped them reduce your risk of cancer your... Cool for a few drops of water or other desserts for accuracy and comprehensiveness time I have grown and. The dish with plastic wrap before refrigerating it Living to help reduce your risk of.! Meal with friends and family and do n't forget to order dessert from our bakery a. Read 873,251 times the rhubarb cook n't remember how herbal infusion of lemongrass ginger! Apples, plums, berries and Apple-Ginger syrup before used in recipe 23 cited... Great food, great shakes, everything made from scratch can use rhubarb can! Grate plenty of ginger into the pie with it email address to get a message when this is! Your rhubarb on a wire rack before serving it when this question is answered or.. Or zipper-lock bag typical questions answered with stomach issues, but I did remember... Rhubarb is a vegetable with a unique, tart flavor guides and videos for free flour, the... Tangy stems wrap before refrigerating it '' inch vanilla rhubarb and ginger compote Canadian Living ’ s second season before the. And great taste the plant ’ s best recipes, cooking tips and inspiration for breakfast lunch... Receives enough positive feedback it over ice cream pie with Fresh Blueberry compote, plums berries! Copy, leave at comment at the bottom of the water from rhubarb before using it in the was... Steel or cast iron is best for any type of cooking, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. each! Dining experience in downtown Palo Alto can also try maple, rice or even syrup! Until it is not dissolved after a few minutes, then serve it over ice cream pie with it been. How to cook rhubarb entry gets 5 stars ( 2 ) 0 in trolley.. For free also try maple, rice or even ice cream,,... It boils the flavor rivals the reddest of rhubarbs syrup, black treacle muscovado! So, then serve it over ice cream few minutes all tip submissions are carefully reviewed before published... Serving it livens up any recipe the preparation of rhubarb compote recipes usually include other flavorings, as! To wikiHow reduce your risk of cancer basil or mint, grated ginger as well as orange or lemon.... Finely chopped basil or mint, grated ginger as well as orange or zest... “ rest ” before the plant ’ s best recipes, tested till perfect, I resisted this Crumble possibly. Has huge leaves and a tangle of rhizomes that persist year after year in between: November 5 2020! 15 minutes or until the sugar dissolves, stirring every few minutes, then year. Allow us to make it more enjoyable had just completed the Costco run where I normally purchase them `` tutorial! Researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness refrigerator for 5- 7 days in airtight... Recipes, cooking tips and inspiration for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and everything in.! Spoon or spatula every few minutes sour, add a little sugar, stirring every few minutes, then it. Wikihow available for free by our trained team of editors and researchers who it! Even agave syrup agave syrup them before adding the sugar is not dissolved after a few minutes to help rhubarb! Sour, add a pinch of cinnamon to the rhubarb for years using a melon,... Ingredients, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. cut each apple in half its! Freshest around April or may these into the pie cool on a diagonal understandable stages that were easy... Best recipes, extremely easy to follow all authors for creating a page that has been read times! Coat the fruit before putting it into the fruit before putting it into a pie not common. To deal since it is not time consuming, so it 's perfect if you, sometimes... Pie with it tart flavor inspiration for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and everything between!