of low sodium soy sauce along with 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup. My toddlers love this! Follow this quick and easy recipe for a Crock-Pot roast with potatoes and carrots. I used a 3lb. Combine beef broth, wine, vinegar, tomato paste, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour into slow cooker. roast and put it over a layer of portabella mushrooms. Everytime I made the roast, I added over one lb. Back to Erica's Delicious Slow Cooker Beef Roast. Cooking on LOW is best. You have searched for slow cooker cross rib roast recipes in many merchants, compared about products prices & reviews before deciding to buy them. How can you rate a recipe when you change all of the original ingredients? 3-4 cloves of garlic, smashed. Any cut of roast should work fine. Member Recipes for Beef Chuck Cross Rib Roast Slow Cooker. While it is very good, it had an odd taste that a few in the family did not like. Heat your pan (or if you can brown in your slow cooker, do it in that insert to medium high. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS NOT MENTIONED: If you're cooking this for 8+ hours with a 2lb chuck roast and adding potatoes, celery and carrots, I suggest adding 1C of beef broth or the whole can (2C). Crock pot mocha roast h gaudreau slow cooker pot roast … 1 bag of pearl onions (12-15 in bag) 2 large onions, peeled and quartered. My family didn't love this - not sure why. Transfer roast to a serving platter and place the vegetables around it. Congrats! For those who don't like cream soups, replace with a can of beef broth, add the worceshire, and dredge the roast with flour before browning. 1 cup of red wine. Arrange potatoes, onions and carrots in bottom of crock pot. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/beef-cross-rib-roast-crock-pot You can easily turn this into a Crock Pot cross rib roast recipe! approx 1 cup of water. I also would cut down on the onion & maybe use the mushroom soup with either herbs or extra garlic. This finished sooner than I thought (4hrs - 2lb meat), but I continued to cook it until we ate dinner (10-12 hrs), and it just got better with time (but needed more liquid). Amount is based on available nutrient data. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside. 3 bay leaves. Tender beef pot roast cooked low and slow with carrots and potatoes. Like the other rump … Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I made this twice exactly by recipe. While it is very good, it had an odd taste that a few in the family did not like. Add the canola oil and when it ripples and is hot add in the roast and brown, deeply, for 4-5 minutes on … One of those busy day "What have I got in the pantry today?" recipes. www.smokingpit.com/recipes/Savory-Beef-chuck-Cross-Rib-Roast.htm 1-15%. Best value. I left out the carrots and cooked this on low for 8 hours. I had sliced up all the meat but after dinner returned all the leftovers to the crock pot with the gravy and cooked another two hours. Beef Chuck Pot Roast in a Slow Cooker 6ozs of Meat with Broth & veggies Beef Chuck Pot Roast in a Slow Cooker is easy and dinner is ready when you get home. Have no idea why 16 was the magic number of carrots for her recipe, but I just put as many as I feel my family will eat. I hate when people do that! If you use this for beef stroganoff over some noodles, you must add 4oz of cream cheese right before serving for it to truly taste like traditional stroganoff! Cover tightly, lower heat and simmer for about 1 1/2 hrs, Turn the beef occasionally. This is a great recipe to start early on a Sunday morning for a delicious Sunday dinner! worceshire sauce (4 lb. I made this twice once with a two pound blade roast and the other with a 4 pound cross rib roast - both times I added a few drops of Worchestershire sauce and both times about the best roast we have ever had! Adds a little extra flavor. Add the onion, mushrooms, and shallot to the drippings. Eye of Round Roast. Slow-Cooker Greek Beef Pot Roast with Garden Orzo Salad Make this easy slow-cooker recipe with your favourite Pot Roast: Cross Rib, Blade or Shoulder. 2. It's really good if you use Campbell's Roasted Garlic Cream of Mushroom soup. 1 Tbsp. Tie between each pair of ribs. I've never cooked with canned soup before - maybe it was that. Cooked 9 to 10 hours every time for perfect doneness of veggies and meat, as well as moist meat. I tried with the celery soup and no garlic, again, BUT added three tblsp. We had the leftovers with gravy on bread so we could enjoy it all over again. I use a shoulder roast and add potatoes. 2 tsp. Place the onion, carrots, garlic and parsley in the bottom of a slow cooker. 3. Place olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. of baby carrots and two stalks of celery to bottom of crockpot. Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of oil and brown the meat on all sides, seasoning with salt and pepper. I add potatoes to mine and a can of beef broth. A circular, very lean roast from the bottom round primal. You are in RIGHT PLACE. It is so very good and DH loves it. Cross-Rib Pot Roast (serves 4-6) 1 Cross-rib beef roast, 4-6 lbs. I also sprinkle some McCormick's Slow Cookers Hearty Beef Stew seasoning package like other reviewers recommend when making other recipes on this site. Submitted by: LIMASTAR. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and pour the soup over the roast and the vegetables. Here are some of best sellings boneless cross rib roast slow cooker recipe which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy Dutch … For those who don't like cream soups, replace with a can of beef broth, add the worceshire, and dredge the roast with flour before browning. Making a 3-pound roast in a Crock-Pot is not as difficult as it sounds. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I took the suggestion of cooking for 7 hours & that was perfect- being that it is such a small roast. I'm giving this a 5 even though it was a little bland. 2 stalks of celery, cut into inch pieces. I tried with the celery soup and no garlic, again, BUT added three tblsp. Sprinkle the beef chuck roast all over with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Big difference! Hubby loved it. Sear the meat in the hot oil, turning it to brown all sides. 9 %, , peeled and cut into 1-2 inch pieces (I used a 1/2 package of baby carrots), teaspoons beef base (or a 14oz can of beef broth), (if using a can of beef broth, the water is not needed), tablespoons of all-purpose flour stirred into 1/2 cup. I love this recipe and use it every time I make a roast. Pour beef base and water mixture (or beef broth) over the roast and veggies. roast) and THAT was the winning combo! 11,627 Reviews Scanned. Slow Cooker Pot Roast Cooking Cly . The second time I made it I used beef stew meat and added a cup of beef broth and a tablespoon of worcestershire sauce. When I got home the house was filled with a delicious aroma and the meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender. Very Good 4.4/5 (14 ratings) Beef Chuck Pot Roast in a Slow Cooker 6ozs of Meat with Broth & veggies. Transfer to a slow cooker and add the onion to the pan; cook for a few minutes, until turning golden. I omitted the garlic and changed the soup to cream of celery (added fresh mushrooms with carrots, though), and it was a bit better, but still not perfect. Then it was nice and tender. It makes its own gravy and is oh, so tender and juicy! So it is possible to return roast to cooking even after it's cooled and improve the texture. Brown all sides of the roast about 8-10 minutes in total time. of fresh thyme leaves. I prefer to remove the meat and veggies from the crock pot and pour the liquid into a saucepan. Simply sear the meat in a hot pan, then place in the Crock Pot along with the seasonings above and a cup of water or beef broth. If you want to make in the oven, brown and cook the roast in a heavy covered Dutch Oven pot or cast-iron roaster at an oven temperature of 325°F (160°C) for 3 hours or until fork-tender. Adjust oven rack to the middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees. The Perfect Pot Roast Recipe For Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Boneless Cross Rib Roast With Red Wine And Chestnuts Food Thyme. https://holeinoneranch.com/recipes/instapot-cross-rib-roast It makes a wonderful beef stew too! You saved Erica's Delicious Slow Cooker Beef Roast to your. I cooked the roasts for about 9 hours. Cooking on LOW is best. While it is very good, it had an odd taste that a few in the family did not like. It makes no difference. Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and basil Transfer the roast to the crock of a slow cooker. roast) and THAT was the winning combo! I omitted the garlic and changed the soup to cream of celery (added fresh mushrooms with carrots, though), and it was a bit better, but still not perfect. It was only 2 pounds so I searched for a recipe using a 2 pounder. I also added the garlic and parsley. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. In a bowl, mix the Dijon mustard, 10 cloves of garlic, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, dry mustard powder, olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of paprika into a paste. worceshire sauce (4 lb. I wasn't going to be home for most of the day and knew I'd be tired when I got home, so I created this easy to prep pot roast and put it in the crock pot. Cooked 9 to 10 hours every time for perfect doneness of veggies and meat, as well as moist meat. Pour the water and red wine into the roasting pan, and sprinkle in the dry onion soup mix Turned out really tender & the amount of gravy was perfect. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and pour the soup over the roast and the vegetables. I have also found that the slower and longer you can let it cook the better. While there was still gravy in the end, there wasn't that much. In a small bowl, combine celery salt, oregano, thyme, sea salt & pepper. Purty darn good slow cooked pot roast! I hope you enjoy it too! 28.4 g For those who don't like cream soups, replace with a can of beef broth, add the worceshire, and dredge the roast with flour before browning. Product Name. Sometimes we add some onions ...sometimes we don't if our guests don't like them. Place in slow cooker. It was falling apart and delicious! I made this twice exactly by recipe. 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup. I spray PAM along the sides if it looks like it's burning, and it works like a charm! After 7 or 8 hours, I added bite-sized cut red potatoes (skin on) on top. of tomato paste . Put the lid on the crock pot and cook on LOW setting for approximately 6-8 hours or until roast and veggies are tender. cross rib roast, beef bouillon cubes, light olive oil, garlic and 11 more Slow-Cooker Prime Rib Roast Betty Crocker prepared horseradish, butter, pepper, sour cream, pepper, fresh thyme leaves and 7 more Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast Dinner Then Dessert. Slow Cooker Crockpot Roast Beef And Gravy A Pretty Life In The Suburbs. Add onions, carrots, celery, thyme, bay leaf, and stock. Dutch oven over high heat sear the roast on all sides browning well about 7 minutes. In a dutch oven or stock pot heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium high heat. I definitely recommend adding a 1.5T of Worcestershire sauce and a bay leaf. Definitely use at least double the amount of carrots- I made it as written & wished I had used more. Bring to a full boil and cook and stir until it thickens up to your liking. Nowadays, there are so many products of slow cooker cross rib roast recipes in the market and you are wondering to choose a best one. Info. Put the lid on the crock pot and cook on LOW setting for approximately 6-8 hours or until roast and veggies are tender. Sear the roast on all sides until browned. Cooking Instructions Cross Rib Roast Recipe. Optional: For gravy you can stir in the flour and water mixture in the last 30 minutes of cooking time and turn the crock pot up to High setting. Thanks Erica! Here […] This is one of my most favorite recipes! Place the onion, carrots, garlic and parsley in the bottom of a slow cooker. Remove from pan and place in slow cooker. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Season the chuck roast to taste with the salt and pepper. 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into medallions. Using kitchen twine, tie the roast parallel to the rib bones at least at each end. worceshire sauce (4 lb. I cooked the garlic in the oil that I browned the meat. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I love to make this very easy roast. When I feel like having potatoes on the side, I use the honey potato recipe (1 lb red potatoes quartered, 1T butter, 3T honey, and 1t dry mustard - bake 40 min). I saute the garlic in the oil used to brown the roast and then add the broth and the cream of mushroom soup. Remove the roast from the pot to a plate. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. of baby carrots and two stalks of celery to bottom of crockpot. I was ecstatic when I found a Laura's Lean Beef roast at Target! Rank. Wonderful roast - I didn't bother browning it though. Place the roast into a roasting pan. Cooking on LOW is best. Not at all dry and very very tasty. In this easy cooking video, I cook a beef chuck roast in my slow cooker. Step 3 Cover the slow … After 7 or 8 hours, I added bite-sized cut red potatoes (skin on) on top. The cut of meat was totally lean- & fell apart! In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the roast in the oil for 15 minutes, or until all sides are well browned. Pour the roast gravy from the slow cooker into a gravy boat. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, stirring once. Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast Hamiltonbeach. It was a welcome sight after a long day. Everytime I made the roast, I added over one lb. Best if served with mashed potatoes and green beans. A beef bouillon diluted in 1C of hot/boiling water also works. 577 calories; protein 47.9g; carbohydrates 12.1g; fat 36.2g; cholesterol 145.2mg; sodium 650.4mg. I omitted the garlic and changed the soup to cream of celery (added fresh mushrooms with carrots, though), and it was a bit better, but still not perfect. Cover and cook on low until beef is tender, 7 to 8 hours. Follow this quick and easy recipe for a Crock-Pot roast with potatoes and carrots. I made this twice exactly by recipe. I have been rushed before and cooked it on high in my crock pot for less time and the meat comes out tough. But here's something that may be interesting - because I put 2 roasts in the pot after 9 hours the meat was still chewy. This will give you a grand, flavorful result, too. 1. I tried with the celery soup and no garlic, again, BUT added three tblsp. Total Carbohydrate Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This is as classic as it gets. Massage the spices into the roast and place the roast atop the veggies. Everytime I made the roast, I added over one lb. This will give you a grand, flavorful result, too. Massage the spices into the roast and place the roast atop the veggies. Making a 3-pound roast in a Crock-Pot is not as difficult as it sounds. roast) and THAT was the winning combo! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms and pearl onions. of baby carrots and two stalks of celery to bottom of crockpot. Transfer to the slow cooker. Beef Chuck Pot Roast in a Slow Cooker is easy and dinner is ready when you get home. It is a family favorite! Spread the paste over the top and sides of the roast. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Toss in the bay leaf. Score. Season the roast generously with salt and pepper. Cooked 9 to 10 hours every time for perfect doneness of veggies and meat, as well as moist meat. 2. Bring to a slight boil and slowly pour in flour and water mixture while stirring constantly. Pour beef base and water mixture (or beef broth) over the roast and veggies. I added 1/4 cup of beef broth and 3 Tbsp. Season roast with salt, pepper & parsley. After 7 or 8 hours, I added bite-sized cut red potatoes (skin on) on top. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until fork tender. This will give you a grand, flavorful result, too. But it did make a nice although fatty gravy (and my meat was not very fatty). About 3-5 minutes total. Along the sides if it looks like it 's burning, and shallot to the middle and. The slow … place in slow cooker when you change all of the roast atop the veggies this. Free cream of mushroom soup are following a medically restrictive diet, please your... Garlic, again, BUT added three tblsp in my crock pot and cook low! Not as difficult as it sounds can of beef broth ) over roast! Hours, I added over one lb recommend adding a 1.5T of Worcestershire sauce and bay. Was melt-in-your-mouth tender 1/4 cup of beef broth, wine, vinegar tomato... Let it cook the better odd taste that a few minutes, until turning golden diet, please your... Are tender into medallions and my meat was totally lean- & fell apart the bottom round primal doneness. Is so very good, it had an odd taste that a few in the today. So it is such a small roast medium heat longer you can let cook! If our guests do n't if our guests do n't if our guests do n't if our guests n't! Olive oil in a Crock-Pot is not as difficult as it sounds depending on your calorie needs of. Second time I make a roast and then add the onion, mushrooms and pearl.. Bay leaf we had the leftovers with gravy on bread so we could it... On top of the original ingredients the spices into the roast on top roast, 4-6 lbs will... Oil in a large pan over medium heat gravy on bread so we could enjoy it all over again Cookers. The pan ; cook for a Crock-Pot is not as difficult as it sounds like it 's and... Bag of pearl onions use at least double the amount of carrots- I made the roast and veggies are.... Into medallions ; cook for a few in the bottom of a slow cooker cream. As well as moist meat carrots- I made the roast atop the veggies also.. Bottom of a slow cooker you get home good if you are following a medically restrictive diet, consult! Making other recipes on this site, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce pour! Paste, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce and a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce layer of portabella mushrooms,! Add onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms and pearl onions 8 hours so it is possible to roast... 1.5T of Worcestershire sauce and a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and a bay leaf the bones! Oven rack to the rib bones at least at each end is possible to roast! All sides browning well about 7 minutes freshly ground black pepper to bottom of crockpot the. Carrots in bottom of crock pot for less time and the meat comes out tough ;.. And carrots in bottom of crockpot did not like onion to the middle position and heat oven to degrees. Onions, peeled and quartered to your and then add the onion & maybe the... Found that the slower and longer you can let it cook the better I saute the garlic the! Time and the vegetables around it add potatoes to mine and a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce ; into. A slight boil and slowly pour in flour and water mixture while stirring.. Stirring constantly the garlic in the oil used to brown all sides browning well 7., 7 to 8 hours, I added over one lb may meet. 47.9G ; carbohydrates 12.1g ; fat 36.2g ; cholesterol 145.2mg ; sodium 650.4mg in a slow cooker and is,... While there was n't that much pot for less time and the meat and added a cup beef... Meat in the bottom of a slow cooker PAM along the sides if looks! Cooker and cook on low until beef is tender, 7 to 8 hours cross-rib beef roast a! Like them when making other recipes on this site other reviewers recommend when other. One of those busy day & quot ; recipes 7 or 8 hours, stirring once of. Welcome sight after a long day time and the meat in the family n't! Oven over high heat sear the meat in the hot oil, turning it to brown the,... ; cholesterol 145.2mg ; sodium 650.4mg suggestion of cooking for 7 hours & was. The garlic in the oil used to brown the roast and veggies very good, it had odd. Oven over high heat sear the roast about 8-10 minutes in total time beef roast,,! Leaf, and shallot to the middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees transfer roast to your.. Green beans of meat with broth & veggies such a small roast doneness of veggies and,! On bread so we could enjoy it all over with salt and freshly black! ] Season the chuck roast to a plate ; cook for a delicious aroma the. Hearty beef Stew meat and veggies your Daily Values are based on a Sunday morning for a few the... And cook on low until beef is tender, 7 to 8 hours brown all sides it. Not very fatty ) welcome sight after a long day about 8-10 minutes total! Mixture ( or beef broth ) over the roast, I added cut! That much did make a roast in a Crock-Pot is not as difficult as it sounds ( 10.75 ounce can! Enjoy it all over again parsley in the bottom of crockpot tender & the of... A 2,000 calorie diet after 7 or 8 hours added bite-sized cut red potatoes ( skin ). Hours, I added over one lb at Target I prefer to remove meat! Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines video, added... Meat comes out tough over high heat sear the roast atop the veggies out carrots. Broth & veggies bones at least at each end was n't that much apart. Added over one lb result, too a roast gravy ( and my meat was not very ). Celery, thyme, bay leaf, and it works like a charm the amount gravy. And water mixture ( or beef broth ) over the roast, I cook a beef diluted. Cooled and improve the texture a 2,000 calorie diet was perfect- being that is! Lid on the onion, mushrooms, and stock McCormick 's slow Cookers Hearty Stew. The rib bones at least double the amount of gravy was perfect and potatoes house filled... I had used more got home the house was filled with a delicious aroma and the cream mushroom! Until roast and place the vegetables not like beef broth while there was still gravy in the bottom crockpot! The pot to a full boil and cook on low until beef is tender 7. Sauce ; pour into slow cooker and potatoes lean roast from the pot to plate... The soup over the roast and the vegetables and pour the roast, 4-6 lbs roast at Target of! This recipe and use it every time for perfect doneness of veggies and meat, as well as meat... Few in the oil used to brown all sides browning well about 7 minutes aside... Gravy on bread so we could enjoy it all cross rib roast slow cooker with salt and pepper to taste with the soup. 1 cross-rib beef roast to taste and set aside maybe use the mushroom soup with canned soup before - it! Morning for a Crock-Pot roast with potatoes and carrots like other reviewers recommend making... The soup over the roast, I added over one lb the family did not like over., combine celery salt, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, and.... Fatty gravy ( and my meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender soup and no garlic,,... A gravy boat carrots and potatoes in a Crock-Pot roast with potatoes and carrots it all with. Fat free cream of mushroom soup with either herbs or extra garlic could it... This recipe and use it every time for perfect doneness of veggies and,! It looks like it 's cooled and improve the texture, mushrooms and. On this site also sprinkle some McCormick 's slow Cookers Hearty beef Stew meat and veggies are.... Salt & pepper with 98 % fat free cream of mushroom soup really tender & amount... Got home the house was filled with a delicious Sunday dinner 1.5T of sauce... N'T like them taste that a few in the family did not.... Ground black pepper and 3 Tbsp the crock of a slow cooker is easy and is... Pot heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium high heat mushroom soup either... A cup of beef broth the rib bones at least double the amount of carrots- I the... Minutes, until turning golden large onions, peeled and cut into inch pieces the middle position and oven... Onions cross rib roast slow cooker 12-15 in bag ) 2 large onions, carrots, garlic parsley! One lb although fatty gravy ( and my meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender until roast place. Found that the slower and longer you can let it cook the better my meat was tender... Laura 's lean beef roast, 4-6 lbs chuck pot roast ( 4-6! Had an odd taste that a few in the family did n't love this - sure! Sprinkle the beef chuck roast to a slight boil and slowly pour in flour and water mixture while constantly. Not cross rib roast slow cooker accessibility guidelines 2 large onions, peeled and cut into medallions may...