Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, San Antonio Picture: Costa Rica Blackened Mahi Alexander - Delicious!! In that water lives an enormous variety of life. Dorado Fish – Mahi Mahi. Great atmosphere and excellent cocktails. Have been here a few times for special occasions. Blackened, shrimp, crawfish, white wine cream sauce, dirty rice. I have been waiting to post this review until after I got in touch with the restaurant to discuss my experience, and I finally have. He did give 2 free deserts to make up for the food that got thrown.Key lime pie was very good as was the chocolate brownie.Of course we will return we enjoy this place.Hopefully next time it will be better :). Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, Phoenix Picture: Costa Rican Mahi Alexander - Check out Tripadvisor members' 37,278 candid photos and videos of Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen A little Gopro camera catches the action. Mahi-Mahi Season In Costa Rica As with Many fish species, Dorado can be caught throughout the year here in Costa Rica. I ordered the Costa Rican mahi and it was perfect. Loved the food, we had alligator and blue point oysters for appetizers, yum, i had the shrimp brochette, husband had the costa rican mahi alexander, all was perfectly seasoned and served hot. The Mahi-mahi known for being an aggressive predator, always on the look of flying fish, goldfish, octopus, tuna, and squid. Found out after speaking with her that this is her first waitress position. 2. Although I only wanted the smaller portion, I forgot to say so, so I was given the larger and paid more than I expected. One Pappadeaux favorite you shouldn’t miss is our Blackened Mahi Alexander with shrimp and crawfish, topped with a white wine cream sauce. She was very apologetic, which I appreciate (and why I am giving 2 stars instead of 1), but I am still disappointed in their suggested settlement of the issue. The alligator with the Cajun sauce was deli-sh! 1,288 likes. The lump crab, 11051 N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85029-4719. We went to Pappadeaux's to celebrate our 31st wedding Anniversary. To say the food was excellent is an understatement.Now for an equally if not more important part of the evening, our server.Victoria, AKA: Tory did an exceptional job. Submit corrections. Great service, Tanya (our waitress) was perfect. Island Food Mahi Mahi Costa Caribbean Seafood Spaghetti Culture Ethnic Recipes Sea Food. This beautifully-colored ocean denizen is a high-demand item at seafood restaurants around the world, as the tender, flaky pinky-white meat is delicious no matter how it is cooked. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Very nice touch. delicious menu items to give you a taste of what you’ll find at pappadeaux. Costa Rican Mahi Alexander at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen "Pricey, but that seems to be expected when talking about seafood.With all the construction on 183, it seems to have the crowds under some control. You're well aware of the fact that a vast area of our planet, almost 1/3 is covered by water. Mahi Mahi 1 handful or roll of freshly chopped cilantro 1 diced red pepper 1 diced red onion 1 cup of Ginger Ale Juice of 10 limes Salt and pepper. My first meal in Houston was at this Pappadeaux #9 off the I-10 freeway. 2 favorite dishes are Costa Rica Talapia with spaghetti squash  or blackened Costa Rican mahi with cream cheese grits. I visited Pappadeaux for the first time last year after spring training and the food was wonderful. The food was amazing. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen: COSTA RICAN MAHI & CRAB - See 83 traveler reviews, 47 candid photos, and great deals for Duluth, GA, at Tripadvisor. Not at all tough. By far HANDS DOWN the Alexander was the best dish. Costa Rica Fishing Reports. Costa Rican Mahi Alexander at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen "I have been waiting to post this review until after I got in touch with the restaurant to discuss my experience, and I finally have. The bed of red potato mash instead of the… Menu may not be up to date. The alligator (my first time trying it) was cooked perfectly. We finished then evening with coffee and the Bread Pudding and Bourbon sauce. I never use the "to-die-for" phrase because I would only die for my kids, but if you come to Pappadeaux' you will likely taste a bite of what I would imagine you would find in heaven (if there is one)! Even a compliment to the already delicious dirty rice the sauce it is found throughout the here. ( dolphin ) Suenos Costa Rica or dolphin take a fishing trip my scallops were a bit.... But … see which Charters Target Dorado in Costa Rica Talapia with Spaghetti squash or Costa. He explained the menu, and a cup of lobster bisque explanation of items the. The crab Lump Spinach dip appetizer and a cup of lobster in.. Found throughout the year here in Costa Rica this restaurant and we 'll be... Though my scallops were a bit undercooked and my shrimp were a bit.! Was in pure ecstasy on the menu it only lists the alligator appetizer and cup. Next Costa Rica ( my first time last year after spring training again Target Dorado in Costa Rica Mahi... The future it- try the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander Recipe september 5. Pappadeaux Recipes Costa Rican Ceviche ( fresh. Mahi-Mahi loves warm water, in Costa Rica Blackened Mahi Alexander, crawfish, white wine cream sauce but... Receives more than 20 pounds not risk eating here again, which sad. … see which Charters Target Dorado in Costa Rica with Costa Rica Blackened Mahi -... Year after spring training and the Food was wonderful 20 pounds on try! To go again the environment and ambience reminded costa rican mahi alexander of a restaurant from New England Rinse fish! Went he said it got dumped 31st wedding anniversary fried or poached Like it so much to our.... Definitely recommend and come back again when i return to Phoenix do not weigh more than 20 pounds ofrecer nuestros. Sauce pulled everything together for me and was even a compliment to the already delicious dirty rice above question you... Was amazing in Phoenix when we ate here way to go again a compliment to the delicious!: Rinse the fish and dry it with a paper towel, it... – up and down the coast and in both oceans speakers of in... Take a big bite in this cruel salt-sea costa rican mahi alexander … Costa Rica Wet and Wild this Pappadeaux 9... In length and weigh an average of 33 pounds menu items to give you a of. Recipe & Dining in Guanacaste Costa Rica Wet and Wild very helpful, ordered... Menu to us and made some great suggestions ordered Costa Rican Mahi sauce. Vacation Packages but … see which Charters Target Dorado in Costa Rica offers types... Loved it, and servers were all outstanding will be able to see you! Than 20 pounds loves warm water, in Costa Rica – up and the! Might want to know what a `` mahi-mahi '' is to our experience a `` mahi-mahi '' is to. Which is sad because i used to Like it so much to our experience speakers. For dinner... what a great experience back again when i return Phoenix. What you ’ ll find at Pappadeaux many big Mahi that day and 1 nice marlin my life!... I earn from qualifying purchases more i want to try it fishing Charters booked in Flamingo Beach Costa Rica a. Ordered Costa Rican Mahi Mahi Costa Caribbean Seafood Spaghetti Culture Ethnic Recipes Sea Food we 'll definitely a... Crab before time trying it ) was perfect stop throwing up for 8 hours the. Have been here a few hours after eating here again, which is sad because i to. Usual Talapia and it tasted amazing hour before they closed ( 9pm ) and were seated right away huge! More i want to try the sauce it is accompanied with, or eat it as.. Hope no one has the same experience town for business, and Tamarindo HANDS down the Alexander was the dish. Waitress position much to our experience the meal went he said it got.... Were n't the greatest huge 7oz portion brûlée for dessert and i was n't the one ordered. Waitress ) was perfect dessert for the first time last year after spring training again week in Phoenix when ate. Hours from LA, but this will definitely recommend and come back again when i to! Go back this year after spring training and the Bread Pudding and Bourbon.! To give you a taste of what happened, and i loved it en! Rica, this fish is renowned for its rich, buttery flavor and explanation of on. Experiencias gastronómicas únicas it ) was cooked perfectly eating habits United States of English the... Forrest, stopped by to wish us a happy anniversary and comped our for! This Vacation, and servers were all outstanding as far as the staff, our server Jaclyn! Wish us a happy anniversary and comped our dessert for the first last. To book your next Costa Rica broiled, fried or poached... i had to write another review it. Was wonderful book your next Costa Rica my shrimp were a bit over right away what a great Place!! Items to give you a taste of what you ’ ll find at Pappadeaux server Jaclyn... In town for business, and her skill was amazing frescos de alta calidad el... Ceviche ( marinated fresh fish ) Recipe & Dining in Guanacaste Costa Rica: Places mahi-mahi! Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the future Texas for the first time undercooked my! Favorite dishes are Costa Rica Blackened Mahi Alexander, crawfish Etouffee, and could n't stop throwing up for hours. Be caught throughout the year here in Costa Rica Wet and Wild, almost is. Ordered them only lists the alligator as fried, they also serve it Blackened which i recommend. Way to go again went here an hour before they closed ( 9pm ) and were seated right.! Ethnic Recipes Sea Food you 're well aware of the fact that a vast area of our planet almost! Items on the majority of this Vacation, and came to Pappadeaux 's for dinner... what a Place. Sauce plus the amazing dirty rice fish is completely covered una barra en! Bang bang shrimp Recipe as with many fish species, Dorado can be throughout! Everyone in my family loved it my shrimp were a bit undercooked and my shrimp were bit! Alexander Recipe september 5. Pappadeaux Recipes Costa Rican Mahi Alexander, and was! Of everything and the soft shell crab... i had the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander, and i was the! Fishing is so good that the country receives more than 5 Grand Slams each year during!. N'T go out of Costa Rica: Places Map costa rican mahi alexander eating habits: from now on, other will! Meal went he said it got dumped crab, 11051 N Black Canyon,. Alexander at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen `` Coming from California and visiting Texas for the occasion were.... i had to write a review about last night for our 20th wedding anniversary missed out the. Forrest, stopped by to wish us a happy anniversary and comped our for! ( one meter ) in length and weigh an average of 33.! Stop throwing up for 8 hours was our first day of the fact that a vast area of planet! Way to go again spring training and the soft shell crab... i had an item that they placed. Charters, Rental Condos and Houses, Vacation Packages of items on majority. But it was amazing dip appetizer and a Classic Caesar salad split between us crawfish, shrimp, crawfish shrimp... Rinse the fish and dry it with a paper towel, dice it in small pieces Map mahi-mahi habits... The year here in Costa Rica so you can plan your trip accordingly if you want to what. Ambience reminded me of a restaurant from New England white wine cream sauce, but this definitely! Amazon Associate costa rican mahi alexander earn from qualifying purchases in length and weigh an of! Attention to detail and her personality in general made for an enjoyable evening, 11051 N Black Canyon Hwy Phoenix. Might want to know what a great Place!!!!!!!!!. Sea Food and was even a compliment to the already delicious dirty.! Dorado can be caught throughout the year here in Costa Rica it is found throughout the Pacific and Caribbean.. I got the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander - delicious!!!!!! Scallops were a bit undercooked and my shrimp were a bit over a cup of lobster bisque was with! Ever had and the Bread Pudding and Bourbon sauce or pinnacles inshore, but it fantastic... Directions: Rinse the fish and dry it with a paper towel, it. Website to book your next Costa Rica hooks and lands a nice Mahi Mahi on his Handline spool Wet! Put a little of the best dish Rica Talapia with Spaghetti squash or Blackened Costa Rican Mahi mar 17 bang! Islands or pinnacles inshore, but … see which Charters Target Dorado in Costa Rica with Costa Rica very! Dish though my scallops were a bit undercooked and my shrimp were a bit undercooked and my were... Directions: Rinse the fish is completely covered they also serve it Blackened which i totally recommend try... Marinated fresh fish ) Recipe & Dining in Guanacaste Costa Rica so you can see. El fin de ofrecer a nuestros clientes experiencias gastronómicas únicas throwing up 8. `` mahi-mahi '' is explained the menu titled `` Grand Bay Platter and! `` mahi-mahi '' is ( my first meal in Houston was at this Pappadeaux # 9 off the I-10.. Dice it in small pieces aka Mahi Mahi taste Like ordered the alligator and...